10 Benefits of Using Task Boxes in Special Education
Special education teachers spend a lot of time differentiating instruction. In fact, I once had a classroom with students in kindergarten through seventh grade! To say I was shocked when I saw the range of abilities would be an understatement. There’s one tool I used that year that helped me immensely…task boxes.
Using task boxes helped because I could tailor the task boxes and instruction based on each student’s needs. I even used specific task boxes as a tool to collect IEP data, and then used that data to make instructional decisions. These are only some of the many benefits of using task boxes in your special education classroom.
In this episode, you’ll hear ten big benefits of task boxes. From engagement, to independence, to being compact and portable, the potential of these boxes are limitless. If you aren’t already using task boxes in your classroom, what are you waiting for?
PS: To celebrate the launch of this podcast, we’re doing a giveaway! Three winners will receive a $25 gift card to my website store. There are two ways to enter. If you do both, you’ll receive two entries!
- Screenshot your favorite episode (episode 1, 2, or 3). Add it to your Instagram stories and tag me @chalkboard_superhero.
- Leave your rating and written review on Apple Podcasts. Be sure to include your name in the review.
- How task boxes promote the critical life skill of independence
- One way that I worked with an occupational therapist to help our student improve their fine motor skills in a fun way
- The importance of providing special needs children with structure and routines
- Using play to teach new skills effectively
- Various ways that task boxes can be used to meet the needs of individual students
- Free Task Boxes Poster
- Shop task boxes on my website
- Shop task boxes on my TPT store
- Free training: 3 Simple and Powerful Ways to Cultivate Independence in Your Special Education Classroom
Connect with Me:
- Instagram: @chalkboard_superhero
- Join my Facebook group, Special Education Superheroes
- Join my email list
- Shop my TPT store
More About Teach, Task Box, Inspire: The Podcast:
Teach, Task Box, Inspire: The Podcast is your go-to educational podcast dedicated to making your job as a special education teacher easier and more enjoyable. Your host, Lisa Hollady, is a veteran special education teacher with a passion for helping teachers like you make a real difference in the lives of your students.
In your demanding roles, you’re constantly juggling various responsibilities, from differentiated instruction and Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) to data collection, and, of course, teaching. That’s where task boxes come in.
Task boxes aren’t just teaching tools. They’re the key to unlocking student independence, student engagement, and personalized learning. Through this podcast, you’ll uncover the incredible task box benefits for your special needs students and practical implementation tips that you can take to your classroom.
Tune in each Monday for a new episode that will equip you with essential strategies and motivation to approach your week with confidence and enthusiasm. Topics will include task box activities, social and emotional development, adaptive teaching, inclusive teaching, supporting diverse learners, classroom management, scheduling, visual aids, and more.
If you’re looking for more special education resources and support with increasing student independence, check out Lisa's FREE training.