The Power of Task Boxes in Special Education
Have you ever used task boxes in your special education classroom? I’m diving into the power of task boxes for you and your students in our very first episode. These little boxes are such an effective tool for boosting student confidence, independence, and engagement.
I’ll share my personal journey of discovering task boxes and how they completely transformed my students’ learning experiences. The versatility and adaptability of task boxes allow them to be tailored to any age group and skill level. Over the years, I’ve created over 800 task boxes for my students, and now I’m ready to share the magic with you!
To celebrate the launch of this podcast, we’re doing a giveaway! Three winners will receive a $25 gift card to my website store. There are two ways to enter. If you do both, you’ll receive two entries!
- Screenshot your favorite episode (episode 1, 2, or 3). Add it to your Instagram stories and tag me @chalkboard_superhero.
- Leave your rating and written review on Apple Podcasts. Be sure to include your name in the review.
- What task boxes are and types of skills they can help students with
- My journey of learning about the power of task boxes, and how my students reacted to them
- Top reasons why kids love task boxes so much
- Examples of how you can use task boxes with students in higher grade levels
- Shop task boxes on my website
- Shop task boxes on my TPT store
- Freebie: 4 Free Task Boxes
- Free training: 3 Simple and Powerful Ways to Cultivate Independence in Your Special Education Classroom
Connect with Me:
- Instagram: @chalkboard_superhero
- Join my Facebook group, Special Education Superheroes
- Join my email list
- Shop my TPT store
More About Teach, Task Box, Inspire: The Podcast:
Teach, Task Box, Inspire: The Podcast is your go-to educational podcast dedicated to making your job as a special education teacher easier and more enjoyable. Your host, Lisa Hollady, is a veteran special education teacher with a passion for helping teachers like you make a real difference in the lives of your students.
In your demanding roles, you’re constantly juggling various responsibilities, from differentiated instruction and Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) to data collection, and, of course, teaching. That’s where task boxes come in.
Task boxes aren’t just teaching tools. They’re the key to unlocking student independence, student engagement, and personalized learning. Through this podcast, you’ll uncover the incredible task box benefits for your special needs students and practical implementation tips that you can take to your classroom.
Tune in each Monday for a new episode that will equip you with essential strategies and motivation to approach your week with confidence and enthusiasm. Topics will include task box activities, social and emotional development, adaptive teaching, inclusive teaching, supporting diverse learners, classroom management, scheduling, visual aids, and more.
If you’re looking for more special education resources and support with increasing student independence, check out Lisa's FREE training.