What Are Life Skills? Life skills must be taught to students in special education to help them become independent and successful. Life skills instruction combines academic, daily living, occupational, and interpersonal skills to teach students how to live and work in the community. Trying to find time in our busy school day to fit in these lessons are really hard but we can try and practice them at school and home!
Use this resource as part of your Life Skills Curriculum. You can use the activities included as a whole group or in small group instruction. I would also make this an independent center! There is enough content in this resource to last the entire month. This resources goes over topics like how to have conversations, how to greet people, using manners and how to ask for help.
Download a free adapted book here from the Personal Care and Hygiene unit
Included in this Unit?
- 5 adapted books with black and white versions
- 40 vocabulary cards
- “I CAN” statements
- 4 file folder games
- 5 task boxes
- binder cover and spines
- bin labels
- letter to parents
- lesson guidelines (including a blank version)
- IEP samples
- 4 different data tracking sheets
- mastery certificate
- cut and paste worksheets
- related worksheets
- assessments and more!
NEW*** now included 5 digital resources, Boom Card Decks!
Click here for a preview of one of the brand new Boom Card
Please download the PDF preview to make sure that this resource fits the needs of your classroom!
This Coping Skills Unit is from the bundle. See below with what this bundle will include
- Personal Care & Hygiene
- Meal Planning and Prep
- Health and Nutrition
- House Keeping
- Money: The Basics
- Money: Budgeting
- Safety & Emergency/Communication skills
- Coping with Stress
- Traveling & Transportation
- Leisure time
- Vocational Skills
- Social Skills
You May Also Like:
Visual Aids for Special Education
Connect with me!
ChalkBoard SuperHero on Instagram
ChalkBoard SuperHero on FaceBook
ChalkBoard SuperHero Facebook Group
ChalkBoard SuperHero on Pinterest
Copyright © ChalkBoard SuperHero. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original download only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY. See product file for clip-art and font credits.
Customer Tips: How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. Voila! You will now receive email updates about my store.
There are no reviews yet.