Adapted Book Unit: Desert Animals
This product is chuck full of different activities, lessons guide, adapted book, and more. I created these specifically for my special needs kiddos who needed adapted guided reading materials, to not only sustain attention but to increase motivation and productivity and expand comprehension for reading and writing.
Download Preview File
Please make sure to download the preview file to ensure that it is appropriate for your grade level prior to purchasing.
This resource contains tons of different pages of fun worksheets to go with this adapted book. I have made this adapted book to only take up ½ of a page, in order to save paper and ink. I have included a black and white version of the book as well, something that they can continue to practice with at home.
This Product Includes the following:
* lesson outline with suggested state standards
* adapted book: Desert Animals (a guide on how to assemble too)
* 5 graphic organizers (3 versions of a bubble map, sorting chart cut and paste, KWL chart, Venn Diagram)
* 2 different versions of vocabulary cards
* high-frequency flashcards
* Assessments including a running record form, a reading comprehension with visual aid cards, reading comprehension with pictures, and another with just words
* 4 writing prompts (some have word banks for special kids and illustration page)
* black and white versions to print and color and send home.
NEW*** now included a digital resource, a Boom Card Deck!
Click here for a preview of the brand new Boom Card
NEW *** A LARGE book (almost a full-page adapted book included) after a high demand for a larger version of the adapted book.
You May Also Like:
Adapted Book Guided Reading Lesson: Farm Animals
Adapted Book Guided Reading Lesson: Community Helpers
Adapted Book Guided Reading Lesson: Arctic Animals
Adapted Book Guided Reading Lesson: Weather
Connect with me!
ChalkBoard SuperHero on Instagram
ChalkBoard SuperHero on FaceBook
ChalkBoard Superhero on Pinterest
ChalkBoard SuperHero Facebook Group (an exclusive group of SPED teachers to collaborate with)
Copyright © ChalkBoard SuperHero. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original download only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY. See product file for clip-art and font credits.
There are no reviews yet.