6 Different Types of Task Boxes to Use in Your Classroom
Have you ever wondered what types of task boxes would work best in your special education classroom?
In this episode, I chat about 6 different types of task boxes from vocational to life-skills task boxes. Task boxes empower students by explicitly teaching crucial life skills such as cooking, safety signs, personal hygiene, and time management, proving to be a game changer in her classroom.
Listen in as I also provide a storage solution for your growing task box collections!
After listening, be sure to grab my free Independent Work System Start Pack!
PS: To celebrate the launch of this podcast, we’re doing a giveaway! Three winners will receive a $25 gift card to my website store. There are two ways to enter. If you do both, you’ll receive two entries!
- Screenshot your favorite episode (episode 1, 2, or 3). Add it to your Instagram stories and tag me @chalkboard_superhero.
- Leave your rating and written review on Apple Podcasts. Be sure to include your name in the review.
- Vocational task boxes versatility and real-life skills
- Examples of life skills activities for the development of independence
- Fine motor task box activities
- The importance of errorless learning
- A simple solution for task box storage
- Functional Life Skills Task Boxes (53 different task boxes)
- Fine Motor Task Boxes from Simply Special Ed
- Academic Task Box Bundle (K-2)
- Academic Task Box Bundle (3-5)
- Errorless Task Boxes
- Life Skills Bundle
- Free training: 3 Simple and Powerful Ways to Cultivate Independence in Your Special Education Classroom
- Plastic Envelopes as a storage alternative
Connect with Me:
- Instagram: @chalkboard_superhero
- Join my Facebook group, Special Education Superheroes
- Join my email list
- Shop my TPT store
More About Teach, Task Box, Inspire: The Podcast:
Teach, Task Box, Inspire: The Podcast is your go-to educational podcast dedicated to making your job as a special education teacher easier and more enjoyable. Your host, Lisa Hollady, is a veteran special education teacher with a passion for helping teachers like you make a real difference in the lives of your students.
In your demanding roles, you’re constantly juggling various responsibilities, from differentiated instruction and Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) to data collection, and, of course, teaching. That’s where task boxes come in.
Task boxes aren’t just teaching tools. They’re the key to unlocking student independence, student engagement, and personalized learning. Through this podcast, you’ll uncover the incredible task box benefits for your special needs students and practical implementation tips that you can take to your classroom.
Tune in each Monday for a new episode that will equip you with essential strategies and motivation to approach your week with confidence and enthusiasm. Topics will include task box activities, social and emotional development, adaptive teaching, inclusive teaching, supporting diverse learners, classroom management, scheduling, visual aids, and more.
If you’re looking for more special education resources and support with increasing student independence, check out Lisa's FREE training.